The Nitrogen+Syngas conference is the industry’s leading technical event where global companies announce new technological developments and discuss improvements in operating procedures. Held annually, last year’s conference attracted over 600 international delegates to share best practice and learn about the latest technical developments and trends to affect their operational businesses.
Last week, March 5th till March 8th, the 2013 edition was being held in the Estrel hotel Berlin and more than 650 visitors of the syngas and fertilizer branches were there. During these days it was a delight to discuss all kind of situations with the companies present and also the conferences/workshops were very usefull. Guestspeakers like
- Muhammad Idrees of ENGRO with an overview of 20 years of experience with a relocated urea plant and the experiences with a CO2 pressurized box-up
- Alberto Serrafero of SAIPEM with the OmegaBond® tubing technology
- Giel Notten of NTT Consultancy and Jim Hartman of CONTROLS SOUTHEAST Inc with solutions for condensation corrosion in the HP synthesis of urea plant
- James Gremillion of EMERSON PROCESS MANAGEMENT with his view for increasing operation reliability
- Ron de Rijk of EST GROUP with the urea POP-A-PLUG® application
- Anthony Will of CF INDUSTRIES about the nitrogen capacity expansion in North America
- Mark Brouwer, Jo Eijkenboom of UREAKNOWHOW and Giel Notten of NTT Consultancy with pre-conference workshops about maintaining, operating and revamping urea plants
All these guestspeakers are known for their expertise and seniority in the Nitrogen/Fertilizer and Syngas business.
Besides these conferences/workshops about 60 companies were present at this event. Companies like
- Haldor Topsoe
- Johnson Matthey
- SBN – Christof-group
- Uhde – ThyssenKrupp company
- Toyo Engineering
During this conference all were able to share their knowledge, network and ideas. Sometimes the questions during the conference were competitive, but always substantiated and focused on improvement.
We were also present, mingling with the high concentration of experts of all mentioned companies and being busy with networking, understanding the labourmarket situation of each company and having a healthy debate about the possibilities to overcome the shortage of skilled personnel and staff.
Next year, February 24th till 27th 2014, the Nitrogen+Syngas 2014 will be held at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel in Paris.
Approba will, again, be present, but in line with the questions we received from the companies present during the 2013 event, Approba will be attending with their own stand!
See us at the Nitrogen+Syngas Conference 2014!