In assignment of our client, Yara, we are searching for potential candidates for the position of
Yara International ASA is the world’s leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As the number one global supplier of mineral fertilizers, we help provide food for a growing world population. Our industrial product portfolio includes environmental protection agents that prevent air pollution. Yara’s global workforce of more than 7,300 employees represents the great diversity and knowledge that enables Yara to remain a leading performer in the industry
About the function:
Projects & Technology (P&T) manages Yara’s large and medium projects – either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and delivers technical, process and procurement support to their 23 production plants worldwide. The unit consists of about 100 employees.
One of the technical support activities assigned to P&T is the central coordination of replacement of the bigger and more complex static mechanical equipment’s, in close cooperation with our site experts and the Yara Project Office procurement & engineering teams. The position base is Brussels.
In order to further strengthen the category management of static mechanical equipment worldwide, Yara wants to recruit an experienced static mechanical engineer. The successful candidate is an expert in his field . You are also a natural leader with a global and multi-cultural approach to bond these worldwide maintenance units together with engineering, procurement and second suppliers into a working community with a strategic approach.
Areas of responsibility:
- Actively support, drive and implement a consistent approach w.r.t. the category management
- Alignment with worldwide sites which equipment’s will be dealt with through P&T
- Assisting in specification of static equipment in line with Yara specifications and authority requirements (e.g. PED)
- Development and execution of order follow-up w.r.t. expediting and inspection
- Teamwork with the procurement team in order to optimally apply the applicable procurement processes
- Active sharing and application of lessons learned into new designs and/or modifications
- Alignment with P&T process/material engineers on design optimization
- Trouble shooting and root cause investigation
- Review/make calculations, review drawings and other relevant documentation
- Follow-up on the market and technical development of equipment
- Act as a project manager for static equipment category
- Support the development of a qualitative supplier and manufacturer list for the equipment’s in scope
- Degree in Mechanical and/or Material Engineering (MSc or BSc)
- Certified I&K level 3 inspector or API equivalent
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in an inspection and/or engineering environment related to static equipment for (petro)chemical plants
- Open and positive attitude and able to communicate and interact well with/in different cultures and disciplines
- Hands-on mentality
- Willingness to travel in an international environment, 10-30% a year
- Fluent in English; additional languages are an asset
- Knowledge of SAP and Ariba is an asset
- Experience in lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodology is beneficial.