For Yara Pilbara in Australia we are searching for multiple experienced Process Operators who are interested in relocation to Australia.
Yara International ASA owns 51% percent of Burrup Holdings Limited (BHL) and is the exclusive marketer of ammonia from the plant. BHL has been renamed Yara Pilbara Holdings Ltd (YPHL). YPHL owns 100% of Yara Pilbara Fertilisers Pty Ltd (YPFPL) which operates an ammonia plant completed in 2006 located at the Burrup peninsula in Western Australia.
Construction of the company’s AUD 700 million liquid ammonia plant on the Burrup Peninsula, near Karratha in western Australia, began in 2003. Production started in April 2006, and The Burrup Fertilisers Pty Ltd`s first export shipment was made from the Port of Dampier in June 2006.
The Burrup Fertilisers ammonia plant was the first industrial development to be established on the Burrup Peninsula following the State Government’s $200m infrastructure investment. Liquid ammonia is piped direct from the plant to the new jetty at the Port of Dampier.
In 2012, Yara acquired 16% of Burrup Holdings Limited (BHL) increasing its ownership share in the company to 51% as part of its strategy to strengthen its position in Asia and Oceania. The Burrup Fertilisers Pty Ltd has been renamed Yara Pilbara Fertilisers Pty Ltd, marking a more active role for Yara in the region.
Yara Pilbara Fertilisers Pty Ltd is one of the world’s largest ammonia production facilities, with a production capability of approximately 850,000 metric tons annually. The plant provides employment for approximately 100 production and administrative staff.
Liquid ammonia is a vital raw material in the manufacture of fertilizer. Output from the plant is sold in Australian domestic market as well as exported into Korea, Indonesia and other SE Asian markets. Two new ships capable of 25,000 tonnes are dedicated to handle the distribution.
As part of the Production Team, the Process Operator reports to the Shift Superintendent and manages the production of liquid ammonia and ensures that the plant is operated in a manner that achieves operational excellence in terms of safety, efficiency, reliability at nameplate production.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team within a global leading chemical company.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation and Monitor of running equipment/machineries
- Routine shift duties
- Independent handling of startups and shutdowns in field
- Preparation for equipment to safely hand over for maintenance and commissioning the same once job is completed
- Collect and analyze the laboratory samples
- Handle hazardous chemicals
- Maintain Good Housekeeping
- Training of other staff or apprentices
- Interaction with maintenance wings and other disciplines
- Adhere to site safety practices and Procedures.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED CANDIDATES MUST HAVE
- Professional proficiency in English
- advance/Intermediate Boiler Ticket
- turbine Operator Ticket
- experience working with Permit to work system
- experience working in confined space
- worked as an Isolation officer
- breathing Apparatus training
- emergency response and Fire fighting training
- basic Computer skills
- good communications skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+years experience in chemical plant operation, particularlyexperience as an operator in a modern Ammonia / Methanol / Urea /Utilities plants in a fertilizer complex or in the petrochemical industry
- Operating experience of Boiler, Power plant and Utilities
- Experience in handling and operating rotating machineries
- Knowledge of Operation of heat exchangers, reactors, reformers
- absorbers, distillation columns, filters, fire heater, refrigeration and cryogenic systems
- Understanding P & ID, Process parameters and DCS graphics
- Competitive salary
- Location allowance
- Shift allowance
- 11% superannuation
- Fully subsidized company housing in Australia
- Annual bonus scheme*
- Utility allowance*
- Flights to Australian Capital cities*
* Terms and conditions apply
Family will be relocated to Austrialia, visa and other documents will be arranged by the client.