Project Services Engineer – Estimating and Cost Control
Yara International ASA is a leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As the number one global supplier of mineral fertilizers and agronomic solutions, we help provide food for a growing world population. Our industrial product portfolio includes environmental protection agents that safeguard air and water purity and preserve food quality. Yara’s global workforce of more than 8,000 employees represents great diversity and talent enabling Yara to remain a leading performer in its industry.
Yara Project Office consists of about 100 employees, mainly located in Brussels. The unit manages Yara’s large medium projects – either on its own or with the support of external engineering companies – and delivers technical support to the plants. For our Project Management department we are looking for a Project Services Engineer – Estimating and Cost Control.
Role/ areas of responsibility:
• Support projects with estimating services, including review of estimates provided by external sources
• Maintain and develop tools and data that facilitate estimating in different phases of project development
• Contribute to optimization of projects
• Carry out cost risk and schedule risk analysis
• Quality assure estimates for investment decisions
• Give input to Project Execution Plans
• Evaluate bids from contractors
• Support projects in establishing control estimates for efficient cost control during project execution
• Based upon SAP data, support projects in efficient and reliable cost reporting and forecasting
• Contribute to maintain and optimize cost control tools
• Coach project team members within estimating and cost control practices
• Degree in Engineering in either industrial, process, mechanical or civil engineering
• An additional education / degree in economics is an asset
• Minimum 10 years experience within project estimating, project control project management, engineering, contracting or related activity in the chemical process industry
• Excellent understanding of project estimating methods pertaining to the chemical process industry
• Advanced user of MS software; experience with SAP is an advantage
• Willingness to travel in an international environment
• Good communication and persuasion skills
• Fluency in English in reading and writing; additional language skills is an asset.