Yara International ASA is a leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As the number one global supplier of mineral fertilizers and agronomic solutions, we help provide food for a growing world population. Our industrial product portfolio includes environmental protection agents that safeguard air and water purity and preserve food quality. Yara’s global workforce of about 8,000 employees represents great diversity and talent enabling Yara to remain a leading performer in its industry.
Yara’s Project Office is belonging to the Project & Technology organisation within the Upstream segment and consists of about 100 employees, mainly located in Brussels. The unit manages Yara’s large and medium projects – either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and delivers technical support to the plants. For all major projects, our philosophy is based on a hands-on approach, i.e. we will always strive to maintain control by a project management team consisting of internal resources. Currently, the Project Office is recruiting for the position of Project Manager with location Brussels.
Areas of responsibility/Role:
• Lead the planning and implementation of projects
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and deliverables within key areas such as estimating, scheduling, resource planning, HES, risk management etc.
• Track project deliverables and report the project’s status to stakeholders
• Proactively forecast the project’s development and intervene to achieve project outputs
• Evaluate the results and contribute to improving project processes
• University degree in an engineering subject
• Relevant experience in project management in the (petro)chemical industry of at least 5 years
• Basic knowledge in plant operation/plant maintenance is an asset
• Hands-on mentality and good interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel in an international environment
• Good knowledge of English in reading and writing; additional languages are an asset