The jewel of the Algerian petrochemical industry, Fertial, is the outcome of a partnership concluded in August 2005 between the Algerian Group ASMIDAL and the Spanish Group GRUPO VILLAR MIR. Fertial has two industrial sites in Annaba and Arzew. With KBR and Johnson Mattey technology the two sites produce ammonia, compound fertilizers, superphosphate fertilizers, ammonium nitrate/calcium ammonium nitrate and urea ammonia nitrate.
The conversation language in Algeria/Annaba is French so candidates without outstanding French conversation skills are not accepted
Fertial SPA in Annaba, Algeria is seeking a Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for directing the development and implementation of Preventive and Predictive maintenance programs that are focused on long term excellence in plant safety. This includes maximizing equipment reliability/productivity and utilizing process tools and knowledge systems capability to set and achieve performance standards. Additional responsibilities include:
- Executing plant turnarounds that cost effectively support the goals of the facility
- Member of the plant team; assist in the development of safety, environmental and reliability goals and executing plans necessary to meet these goals
- Management of the maintenance employees (includes direct reports, indirect reports and contractors)
- Maintaining equipment supporting the plant’s safety, compliance and availability requirements
- Accountable for the facility’s maintenance employee progression plan and employee development systems (performance reviews, compensation reviews, and incentive process)
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing plant environment and capable of following all plant policies and procedures as related to the position
- Available for weekend work and travel, including air travel, as required
- 10+ years’ maintenance and reliability management experience at an fertilizer facility
- Strong commitment to Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Plant Reliability
- Proven leadership skills, organization skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities, strong business skills and personal accountability
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Outstanding conversation skills in French is a must!!
- Outstanding conversation and reporting skills in English is a must!!
- Strong technical experience with a focus on centrifugal and reciprocating compressors and turbo machinery
- Experienced in the metallurgic/material problems in ammonia / nitrate plants/process equipment
- Experience at a chemical process plant, petro-chemical plant, or refinery
- Experience in training high potentials for specialist or managerial positions
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus
Fertial SPA will be investing an additional >250 Million USD in both industrial sites (Annaba and Arzew) following the multi-million USD investments already
Fertial SPA has outstanding employment packages. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Travel, housing etc etc will be arranged by Fertial SPA