OCI-Beaumont is an integrated methanol and ammonia plant situated on the Gulf Coast in Southeast Texas.
OCI Beaumont LLC manufactures Methanol and Ammonia. They have been in full operation since July of last year. They are a non-union facility. OCI Beaumont has endeavored to staff the plant with experienced salary and wage roll personnel in order to minimize the amount of training required and to facilitate a timely, safe startup. Previous experience, directly related to Methanol / Ammonia manufacturing – or very similar processes, is essential in this position. OCI Beaumont has achieved a successful startup and established a stable plant operation. They are now entering a phase of their evolution in which a focus on operating disciple built around related policies, procedures, practices and supportive management systems is vitally important. This position will be instrumental in their success.
This is a direct hire opportunity with a global company that is also an excellent place to work. This opportunity offers a compensation package above industry standards.
The I&E Engineer is responsible for all electrical, instrument and control systems projects from design through estimation, bid review and recommendation, installation, start up as well as day-to-day maintenance engineering support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for all electrical, instrument and control systems projects from design through estimation, bid review and recommendation, installation, start up and maintenance engineering support.
- Collaborate with operations personnel and Instrument & Electrical technicians in diagnosing Instrument & Electrical problems and issues; develop alternatives, propose and implement solutions for long-term reliability by conducting root cause failure analyses and recommending preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
- Analyze existing systems with regard to their technical reliability and safety and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and maintain technical standards for electrical, instrumentation and control engineering, equipment and promote and monitor standardization.
- Analyze instrument systems failure data and recommend instrument upgrades
- Provide technical support and training for various instrument systems
- Supervise draftsmen & engineering consultants in preparation of P&IDs, loop drawings, and spec sheets
- Audit Plant systems to ensure good practice
- Provide technical assistance for all electrical, instrument and control systems projects from design through estimation, bid review and recommendation, installation, start up and maintenance engineering support.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Process Control is a must
- 5-10 years of relevant instrumentation experience, including knowledge off/in-line instruments, analyzers, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, emergency shutdown systems, DCS hardware & interfacing, PLC system, Electrical load studies, NFPA 70E and electrical distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of current instrument and electrical standards and practices.