Approba is in search for candidates regarding the open position of Head of Mechanical – Maintenance Manager for our client Qafco in Qatar.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of fifteen (15) years direct and relevant experience out of which, minimum of 5 yeas in a Senior Managerial position in an oil/gas, petrochemical or related industry. The client is accepting Western candidates only.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, lead and organize the activities of the Section to ensure that Maintenance plans/projects are met.
- Ensure that periodic, preventive and corrective maintenance activities are carried out in the most cost effective and timeliness manner.
- Role is heavily oriented towards technical problem solving through application of analytical and innovative problem solving.
- Analyse, reach root-cause for occurring problems and recommend and implement remedial solutions.
- Co-ordinate closely with all other Sections and ensure that both maintenance and project work is carefully integrated into the on-going maintenance and production operations.
- Co-ordinate shutdown maintenance activities
- Control and approve new spares from technical and economical point of view
- Evaluate projects and look into the cost effectiveness of the project.
- Keep informed of the technological development
QAFCO Fertiliser complex is located in Mesaieed Industrial City, 40 Km south of Doha, on the east coast of Qatar peninsula.
Messaieed Industrial City has steadily grown from crude oil loading terminal in 1949 into an important Industrial cente in the Gulf, embracing oil refinery, natural gas liquefying, fertiliser, Petrochemical and steel industries.
Due to the tax conditions in Qatar the package is very competitive and offers secundairy items which are excellent. Housing, annual travel allowance, end of service benefit, car loan etc etc are arranged by our client.
About our client Qafco
QAFCO was founded in 1969 as a joint venture between the Government of Qatar and a number of foreign shareholders. The country’s first large-scale venture in the petrochemical sector, QAFCO was established with a view to diversify the economy and utilize the nation’s enormous gas reserve. After successfully implementing several expansion projects over the past three decades, the Company has evolved into a world-class fertiliser producer. QAFCO is now owned 75% by Industries Qatar (IQ) and 25% by Yara Netherland.
With a sizable annual production capacity of two million metric tonnes (MT) of ammonia and three million MT of urea from four Ammonia and four Urea plants, QAFCO is now the world’s largest single-site producer of urea. The QAFCO-5 expansion project, inaugurated in late 2011 raised QAFCO’s annual production capacity to 3.8 million MT of ammonia and 4.3 million MT of urea. QAFCO, today, is the world’s largest single-site producer of both ammonia and urea. The QAFCO-6 project which is taken over by QAFCO in 2012 has increased the Company’s annual production capacity of urea to 5.6 million MT. Consequently the project will strengthen the Company’s position as a key player in the global fertiliser market.
To cater to the world markets, which are showing increasing developed fertiliser consumption patterns, the Company currently seeks to maximise its production of granular urea as opposed to urea prills. Granular fertilisers are considered better suited to the more technology-dependent cultivation methods adopted in developed countries. In addition, QAFCO is planning to produce Sulphur-Coated Urea (SCU), a product that will increase the nutrient recovery and improve crops yield and also reduce the negative environmental impacts of urea.
Currently, QAFCO exports ammonia and urea to more than 35 nations across the globe, with its primary markets being the countries of South East Asia, North America, Australasia and Southern Africa.
QAFCO pursues a policy of retaining existing customers while forging ties with new ones. This has enabled the company to maintain a large network of distributors, with utmost care being taken to ensure that all are satisfied with the quality of QAFCO’s products, services and level of commitment.