In assignment of our client, Yara, we are searching for potential candidates for the position of
Global Process Expert Urea
Yara International ASA is the world’s leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As the number one global supplier of mineral fertilizers, we help provide food for a growing world population. Our industrial product portfolio includes environmental protection agents that prevent air pollution. Yara’s global workforce of more than 7,300 employees represents the great diversity and knowledge that enables Yara to remain a leading performer in the industry
About the function:
Upstream Production has the global responsibility for all 22 production sites in Yara. The unit aims to achieve world-class performance in terms of safety, uptime of the installations, maintenance and purchasing of goods and services.
The Technical Process Owner (TPO) group is a global support team, assigned to enhance performance and competence building in all Upstream sites, to ensure technical standards are adopted and to disseminate Best Practice in specific core areas. The position is based in Brussels and reports to the Head of Productivity.
Areas of responsibility:
• Identify and document Best Practice in the on-site production process to achieve world class safety and reliability standards;
• Organize benchmarking between plant operations to identify performance gaps and support the line organization to improve production efficiency and to optimize energy utilization;
• Facilitate networking, shared learning throughout Yara and enhance the local competence level;
• Suggest and evaluate improvement projects in the area of Urea production globally.
• Minimum 10 years operational experience in process/ chemical engineering (preferably in an international environment);
• High ability to investigate & quickly understand a situation and to develop appropriate advice/ options/ solutions;
• Knowledge of Urea and / or experience in working in a Urea plant is requirement;
• Hands-on mentality;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Fluent in English; other languages are seen as an asset;
• Willingness to travel quite extensively (+/- 50%).
Please fill out your personal information below this vacancy.