With high-quality controlled release and slow release fertilizers Everris International B.V. plays a leading role in the ornamental horticulture, professional turf and specialty agriculture markets.
Everris delivers powerful and reliable products brands like Osmocote, Sportsmaster, Agroblen, Sierrablen and Peters. We constantly strive to create innovative nutritional programs and complete solutions. Everris is part of the ICL-group, employs more than 450 people, and belongs to ICL’s Specialty Fertilizer division with several production locations and R&D centers across the world.
To further develop our business in the West -African area we are looking for a: Agronomist for Business Development
You will be the interface between Sales, Marketing and End-users to further develop and drive the short and long term growth of our brands primarily in tropical industrial crops like oil palm, banana, pineapple and ethers . In this function you will report to the Export Manager MEA and work closely with the central marketing department in the Netherlands .
Main Responsibilities are to:
- Co-ordinate strategic trials with our products at official institutes and research centers in the area and report results ready to use for commercial purposes
- Set up demonstration trials at large customers ,gather and analyze data to demonstrate product benefits of Everris fertilizers portfolio
- Provide effective information to large end users to support our products
- Work closely with large end user plantations to ensure proper usage of our products at various crops and help to create highest customer satisfaction
- Support sales activities of the export manager by providing product field performance data and ready to use value equations for large end users
- Give technical support, such as trainings , field trial assistance and technical demonstrations to our distributors and end-users
- Maintain excellent relationships with end-users, research centers and governmental authorities
- Seek new markets in either new users and or new product opportunities to expand the business
- Work closely with International Marketing and Product Development teams on continuous product performance improvement programs
- Conduct business according to our Ethical Business code
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled agronomist with:
- Education on University level in Tropical Agriculture (preferably with post-graduate qualification)
- Field advisory or extension service experience, at least partly in a business to end-users environment
- “Green fingers” combined with sales affinity
- Good communicator and excellent knowledge (verbally and in writing) of the English and preferably French language
- Experience with IT applications such as Ms-Office
- Passion to drive for results within an international team environment
- Willingness to travel frequently to the West-African area (50% of time)
- Willingness to relocate to Western Europe (the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany)
- Experience with Palm oil business is mandatory!
Our client Everris International B.V. offers:
- A challenging function in a fast growing and innovative international company with a strong market position
- A competitive employment package with attractive salary (depending on experience and education), excellent benefits (e.q. company car, incentive)