In assignment of our client, Yara, we are searching for potential candidates for the position of Large Capital Project Manager.
Yara International ASA is a leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. As the number one global supplier of mineral fertilizers and agronomic solutions, we help provide food for a growing world population. Our industrial product portfolio includes environmental protection agents that safeguard air and water purity and preserve food quality. Yara’s global workforce of more than 8,000 employees represents great diversity and talent enabling Yara to remain a leading performer in its industry.
Yara Project Office is a part of the Projects & Technology organization within the Upstream segment and consists of about 100 employees, mainly located in Brussels. The unit manages a portfolio of projects of various size and complexity for Yara’s plants or other units – either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and provides technical support to the plants.
In order to support Yara’s growth ambitions through international projects, Yara Project Office has a vacancy for the position of Senior Project Manager with location Brussels. As this is not a interim position we only accept candidates who are willing to accept an employment contract with Yara International ASA.
Areas of responsibility/Role
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project activities and deliverables within key areas such as estimating, scheduling, resource planning, HES, risk management as well as within technical disciplines
- Track project deliverables and report the project’s status to stakeholders
- Proactively forecast the project’s development and intervene to achieve defined project outputs
- Evaluate the results and contribute to improving project work processes
- Bachelor/Master degree in an engineering subject
- Relevant experience and proven track record in project management of large projects in the (petro)chemical industry of at least 10 years
- Proven experience with responsibility regarding projects > US$ 750M is a must!
- Basic knowledge in plant operation/plant maintenance is an asset
- Hands-on mentality and good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel in an international environment. Delocalisation related to projects is possible
- Good knowledge of English in reading and writing; additional languages are an asset.
Candidates who do not meet the above items are not accepted.