- You will provide engineering expertise to rotating equipment engineering activity within YPFB project,covering various types of rotating equipment,e.g. centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas turbines, pumps, diesel engines, fans and air compressors.
- You will actively assess and assure rotating equipment integrity, reliability and performance,and thereby identify and develop related improvement initiatives (minor modifications / change proposals). Evaluation of asset condition via dedicated condition monitoring tools,evaluation of testing and inspection results as well as attending site and factory acceptance tests form part of this.
- You will regularly interface with external consultants and the integrated services contractor in the review of their work. You will thereby provide discipline expertise to the definition of maintenance plans and strategies in order to ensure technical integrity,operability and maintainability of new and existing rotating equipment assets.
- You will act as contract holder of a variety of rotating equipment contracts,managing specialist vendors and contractors accordingly in the delivery of results.
- You will provide input to the Projects Group to ensure that appropriate rotating equipment maintenance requirements have been correctly incorporated into the project scope.
- You will support general engineering & maintenance activities in the asset,e.g. HSSE reviews,operational excellence reviews and activities,business planning and contracting strategy reviews.
You have a degree of at least BSc. level in mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent, with a substantial track record in rotating equipment engineering (and maintenance) functions. Chartered Engineering status or equivalent is considered an advantage. You have relevant and demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience with mechanical (rotating equipment) engineering and systems integrity in the fertilizer/petrochemical/oil and gas industry. You have a thorough understanding of technologies and practices as they relate to the fertilizer industry sector.You have extensive experience with the design, operation, maintenance, inspection and condition monitoring of rotating equipment and associated mechanical equipment and control systems. You are conversant with rotating equipment engineering codes and standards and have a working knowledge of related documentation and documentation requirements.
You are competent in the application and facilitation of RCM assessments, root cause analysis techniques, reliability/availability concepts and FMEA reviews.
You should have a working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (preferably SAP).
You have a high degree of independence and you have good verbal /written communication skills. You have good command of the English (and preferably also of the Spanish) language.
You have clear relationship management skills and experience with leading small teams in a maintenance or engineering environment. You have a track record in delivering results and driving performance in challenging environments with various stakeholder issues.