Our client Bureau Veritas is in need for an experienced Project Manager for their YPFB (>800M US$) project in Bolivia.
Bureau Veritas is the supervision authority of this prestigious Bolivian fertilizer project, Samsung Engineering is the EPC contractor, Toyo and KBR are the contracted licensing firms regarding the Urea and Ammonia technology.
Areas of responsibility/Role
- Lead the planning and implementation of the YPFB project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project activities and deliverables within key areas such as estimating, scheduling, resource planning, HES, risk management as well as within technical disciplines
- Track project deliverables and report the project’s status to stakeholders
- Proactively forecast the project’s development and intervene to achieve defined project outputs
- Evaluate the results and contribute to improving project work processes
- Bachelor/Master degree in an engineering subject
- Relevant experience and proven track record in project management of large projects in the fertilizer industry of at least 15 years is a must!
- Proven experience with responsibility regarding projects > US$ 750M is a must!
- Knowledge in plant operation/plant maintenance is a must
- Hands-on mentality and good interpersonal skills
- Relocation to Bolivia is a must!!! A part of the project will be at Samsung Engineering in Seoul – Korea.
- Good knowledge of English in reading and writing; additional languages are an asset (especially Spanish)
Candidates who do not meet the above items are not accepted.