This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading EU fertilizer and chemicals company. Working within the heart of the company’s green and low-carbon ambitions the Head of Green and Low-Carbon Projects will own and lead our flagship projects with a dedicated team to support the groups ambition to greenify its presence in the global market.
Our client has become the second chemical group in their country in just a few years, a leader in the European Union and Mediterranean sector of fertilizers and ammonia and by-products.
Sustainability is one of the fundamental premises of our client, a company that for many years has been actively committed to preserving the environment, manufacturing efficient quality products and ensuring safety in all industrial and logistical processes. Developing and offering smarter and more sustainable crop nutrition solutions in combination with environmental friendly processes is part of the vision and mission of the client. Working forwards towards a zero net emission and waste is the ultimate goal. Our client is a key player in the chemical industry in Europe and is continiously investing in a decarbonized and sustainable economy.
In this sense, the company exhibits maximum respect for all stakeholders, such as the natural environment, communities where the activities are carried out, employees, the social environment, etc. This is why the client has established an Integrated Management System, which includes aspects relating to quality, the environment, the prevention of occupational hazards and product stewardship, and has certified its factories according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards and the principles of Fertilizers Europe.
As a result of this awareness, in recent years the company has therefore allocated over 75 million euros in this area, mainly seeking to minimise environmental impacts.
The aim of sustainable agriculture is to produce food efficiently and productively, whilst conserving and improving the environment and local communities, always taking the requirements of the company’s stakeholders into account. The concept of sustainable agriculture includes activities like ensuring that the input of fertilizers and pesticides is as low as possible, but that good quality high yield crops continue to be produced; guaranteeing that adverse effects on the environment are minimised, and helping improve conditions for members of the local community.
Within the company you will be employed as the advisor towards the board for green and low carbon projects and report to the COO / Director Industrial. The efforts will result in leading Green and Low-Carbon Projects putting our client on top of the list of international firms contributing to the Greenification of manufacturing and utility processes of our plants and products worldwide.
As the Head of Green and Low-Carbon Projects you are expected to start identifying opportunnities, once identified follow up involving all needed resources to transform them from opportunnity into a project and deliver total success to allocated projects in Green and Low-Carbon environments. The position incorporates hands-on mentality, focus on conceptual studies, benchmarking, investigation new technologies and when the activities / opportunities leads to projects, a dedicated project team has to built up. From the conceptual phase to economic and budgetary justification and approval at the board of the company you will be leading the greenification projects. Stakeholder management will be a fair part of your daily activities, as is the conceptual rating of technologies, progression thru engineering and start of operations.
- Leadership skills, gaining rapidly the internal and external respect.
- Commercial skills as the “approval” phase is the key to transform ideas into reality.
- Strategic Vision
- Technical knowledge and experience to be able to be involved in all the details of the projects
In the current business environment, our client is increasingly facing greenification business cases. These business cases subsequently are translated into conceptual design studies and master plans. In line with the above, you are expected to understand our company primary processes. Our Head of Green and Low-Carbon Projects has to know, obtain, gain and execute existing and new greenify technologies to support business development as adjust our global environmental impact.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and lead large scale greenification projects in a multi stakeholder environment throughout a complete project life cycle, supporting the company and clients to makes the best value decisions.
- Develop, lead and manage the project team during project development and delivery.
- Initiate and propose projects together with plant owners, technology and licensing firms, clients, coordinate stakeholder input, analyse and appraise production solutions, prepare project briefs and business cases and gain the necessary approvals within the organization.
- Be in charge of all project controls: e.g. planning, cost control, project administration and contract management.
- Operate in an international context and anticipate short, medium and long term travel.
Within this role we expect you:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effortlessly adjust yourself in an international and cultural diverse environment and able to act as coach and mentor for other staff.
- Are able to build and maintain a trusted advisor status at director level within the company, technology & licensing firms, engineering partner and the company’s clients.
- Are an entrepreneur with strong business acumen and sound understanding of business financials with a clear market drive, a focus on greenification projects, profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities.
- Are aware of international developments in the fields of Green Ammonia, Blue Hydrogen and other sustainability / environmentally focused projects and actively promote these in your projects.
Who are you?
- Qualified professional, project management certifications are desirable (e.g. IPMA, Prince).
- Experience in the management of multidisciplinary conceptual design, engineering and construction projects, preferably in the chemical or manufacturing sectors.
- Previous employment / managerial / advisory positions within greenification projects is an advantage.
- Proven track record in managing medium & large scale projects.
- Strong, high level international network within above mentioned sectors and used technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- International CV is a must.
- International mindset and willingness to travel for short/medium/long term assignments.
- Background: Technical University / Master grade and MBA would be beneficial.
- Strong affinity with process (engineering).
- As our activities are based in more then 80 countries all over the world, flexibility towards traveling is expected.
Our client offers a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding process will always be based on your personal competences. You’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent package of flexible terms of employment and we offer a wide array of personal development courses.
If you have questions or want to discuss the position please contact Erwin Amesz on +31 46 460 00 00, or contact Erwin Amesz by mail